1/2 Day Trip to Edam with Cheese Farm Visit
When planning your trip to the Netherlands, visiting one of the famous Dutch cheese makers is a must-do.
Love cheese? Hop on Hop off Holland is your guide to the historic city of Edam, the heart of Dutch Cheese.
More about Cheese
Cheese production in the Netherlands became more popular in the Middle Ages as the wet landscape lent itself to cattle. Today, the Netherlands is one of the largest cheese producers in Europe. Certainly, you’ve heard of Gouda or Edam cheese.
Our half-day trip is all about cheese. We’ll visit Edam with the famous cheese weigh house from 1778.
The place where farmers sold their cheese during the Golden Age.
The Highlight of our Cheese tour is The Story of Edam Cheese by Henri Willig
An audio tour will tell you everything about the history of Edam cheese ánd
one of the oldest buildings in Edam.
After our tour in Edam, we will go to the Jacobs.
Hoeve cheese farm for a behind-the-scenes farm visit. Watch the cheesemaking
process, visit the warehouse, meet the cutest Jersey cows and taste cheese.
- Visit the Cheese weigh house
- Visit the historic city of Edam
- Visit The Story of Edam Cheese by Henri Willig with an audio tour.
- Behind the scenes visit to the Jacobs Hoeve cheese farm of Henri Willig in Katwoude
- Visit the Organic Jersey cow farm.
- Taste all the flavours and varieties of Henri Willig cheese
- Transport by luxury coach (free Wi-Fi)
- Experienced driver
Departure: Meet by Post / A M, Prins Hendrikkade 58 BG, 1012 AD Amsterdam, Netherlands, a shop on the corner of Prins Hendrikkade/Zeedijk. Next to Barbizon Hotel.
When: Every Wednesday and Friday
Price: € 29,50